Bruno Law Office
Bruno Law Office is a law firm that defends professionals and their licenses before the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation is a State Agency that licenses and regulates over 30 different industries and professions. The State Agency sets out licensing requirements for a given profession. The State Agency is also responsible for the regulatory process of professional licenses.
We at Bruno Law Office recognize that you worked hard for your professional license and we will guide you through the licensing and regulatory process.
DIVISIONS OF IDFPR
IDFPR has different divisions that regulate professional licenses
POWERS AND DUTIES IDFPR
The IDFPR, Division of Professional Regulation, protects consumers and the public at large by setting forth educational and testing requirements for individuals to qualify for a professional license. The Division of Professional Regulation is also responsible for setting forth regulations which professionals must adhere to in order to maintain the professional license.
The Department of Professional Regulation Law sets forth by statute at 20 ILCS 2105/2105-15, the powers and duties of the Department including, but not limited to:
(1) To authorize examinations in English to ascertain the qualifications and fitness of applicants to exercise the profession, trade, or occupation for which the examination is held.
(2) To prescribe rules and regulations for a fair and wholly impartial method of examination of candidates to exercise the respective professions, trades, or occupations.
(3) To pass upon the qualifications of applicants for licenses, certificates, and authorities, whether by examination, by reciprocity, or by endorsement.
(4) To prescribe rules and regulations defining, for the respective professions, trades, and occupations, what shall constitute a school, college, or university, or department of a university, or other institution, reputable and in good standing, and to determine the reputability and good standing of a school, college, or university, or department of a university, or other institution, reputable and in good standing, by reference to a compliance with those rules and regulations; provided, that no school, college, or university, or department of a university, or other institution that refuses admittance to applicants solely on account of race, color, creed, sex, or national origin shall be considered reputable and in good standing.
(5) To conduct hearings on proceedings to revoke, suspend, refuse to renew, place on probationary status, or take other disciplinary action as authorized in any licensing Act administered by the Department with regard to licenses, certificates, or authorities of persons exercising the respective professions, trades, or occupations and to revoke, suspend, refuse to renew, place on probationary status, or take other disciplinary action as authorized in any licensing Act administered by the Department with regard to those licenses, certificates, or authorities.
PROTECTING YOUR LICENSE
The Firm has defended numerous professionals including:
DEFEND AGAINST IDFPR ALLEGATIONS
The Firm has defended numerous cases for professionals for which the allegations included:
WHAT TO DO IF CONTACTED BY IDFPR
If contacted by an investigator or attorney at IDFPR it may be in your best interest to call an attorney immediately. You worked hard for your professional license and you should have someone representing your best interests. If you receive a Notice of Intent to Deny a License, Notice of Preliminary Hearing and Complaint, Notice of Informal Conference, or Notice of Temporary Suspension, legal advice may be needed. Contact us before speaking with a representative of IDFPR
Bruno Law Office
233 E. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Copyright © 2019 Bruno Law Office. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer: Information contained on this website is not meant to be construed as legal advice.